Social media is a significant game changer not seen since the heady days when the Internet itself burst into the public consciousness (1997-98) changing virtually every business practice as a result. Social media is no different.
- How search will merge real-time social media;
- How many industries, like the music business, are re-engineering itself to be a social business, with sites like DIY Musician providing examples of new distribution systems sans the record labels;
- How consumer-electronics companies like Samsung are building social-media capabilities into their products, which then become the focus for their ad campaigns;
- How direct marketing is merging with social media: social e-mail marketing;
- How the media business is being driven by social media; Clay Shirky weighing in on the new media environment;
- How crowdsourcing is making its way into product development so that even P&G recently noted that 35% of new products came from customers and partners;
- How sales and CRM and are all becoming organized along a newer paradigm called The Social Enterprise: A Case For Disruptive Transformation;
- How everything seems to be colliding and converging into or with Facebook -- the poster child of the social-media revolution.